Colin Hawkins is a professional commercial photographer based in Bath, South West England and has been working directly with clients and with advertising and design agencies for over 20 years.
I shoot stylish, emotive, imaginative images of people and products in the studio or on location often to communicate a concept.
The projects I am involved in are successful through efficient and thorough production, bringing together all the people and talents needed, combined with many years of industry experience. I deliver high-quality photography on budget and on time.
I’ve been fortunate to work with a broad spectrum of industries and subjects for some inspiring clients. My photography has appeared in a large number of adverts, magazines, books, brochures, publications and web sites. I’ve worked on commissions to shoot everything from fashion to pharmaceutical, music to museums, people and even the occasional pig. I’ve found it fascinating, creatively rewarding and usually pretty good fun.
After assisting some of Londons best photographers I started my photography career drawing on my Art experience since I had a degree in Fine Art. Initially I was shooting musicians and the occasional fashion story for press and editorial features in London in the late 1980’s spending many years in the dark room. After a period spent in NYC this progressed to shooting record covers and press images for bands and musicians. Gradually I started getting more advertising and design work and around the same time I joined Tony Stone picture library, which is now Getty Images. My images now feature in national and international campaigns and publications.
I moved my studio and family from London to Bath in 2001 and I’m now based in the glorious Wiltshire countryside.
I don’t shoot weddings, christenings or anything else where I might need to wear a tie.
Personal observations of other things, places and people along the way https://www.instagram.com/colinhawkeye/ or commissioned and work related images on instagram https://www.instagram.com/colinhawkinsphotography/
For information about copyright & licensing: www.copyright4clients.com
Many of my clients have come through recommendation and the relationships have developed into long-term creative partnerships.
Selected client list (in no particular order):
AMERICAN FRESHMAN • MORRISONS SUPERMARKET • COCO DE MER • BOEHRINGER INGLEHEIM • PFIZER • ROCHE • JOHNSON & JOHNSON • SAINSBURYS • JANSSEN-CILAG • JONES HIRE • SOMERSET TOURISM • ROCHE • AZIMO • NOVARIS • NINE FEET TALL • WESSEX WATER • GILEAD • NATIONAL PLANNING PORTAL • BRITANNIA • BATH TOURISM PLUS • LOVEHONEY • WATSONS FUEL • THE FORESTRY COMMISSION • THE TIMES • ARQIVA • HARPER COLLINS PUBLICATIONS • FULLERTON SHOES • MUSEUM OF COSTUME • ARISTA RECORDS • KINGSTONE • GALEN • SPECSAVERS • NOVIA FINANCIAL • EMI MUSIC • MERCK SERONO • WORLD PAY • FREEPLAY • PUSH MERCHANDISING • IAMS • NEALS YARD REMEDIES • XL RECORDS • WILD & WOLF • THEATRE ROYAL BATH • McATHURGLENS DESIGNER OUTLET • BEAUX ARTS LONDON • CRESTRON • SCRUFFS CLOTHING • CAMOUFLAGE CONTRACTS • BIOHITECH
I like to work with a team to create high quality images that have a clear sense of style and design. To help me with organisation and production on shoot days, I have an experienced, enthusiastic and confident team based in and around Bath and Bristol that I can highly recommend.
HAIR AND MAKEUP:
Natalie Corfield – Stylist and production Co-ordinator
Jaine Bevan – Props and Stylist
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.07.2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Your name and job title.
· Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
· Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
· In the case of model releases , quotes or estimates , that we need to complete in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
· In the case of your email address or phone number (where you have provided us with this), That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities and activities related to customer satisfaction and product development and service improvement where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is promotes an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
How is your data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
· Direct interactions with you when you fill in a form, model release or correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
What we do with the information we gather
We use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
· Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with us.
· We may use the information for our legitimate business interests to improve our products and services to you.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use or, where you have provided us with a corporate email address, for our legitimate interests (as described above), provided you have not unsubscribed.
We may contact you by email, phone, or post but only in accordance with your express and explicit consent for such contact. We may also use the information for our internal business purposes and legitimate interests of improving customer satisfaction to customise our website(s) according to your interests to provide you with a better experience.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.In relation to financial and transactional data this will be for a period of approximately 6 years after the date of the transaction.[NA1] In the case of marketing consent, we will contact you to renew this every two years.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information or we are using your contact details for our legitimate interests for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten (your right to have your data erased) cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
· Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold aboutyou provided us with you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
· Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us email@example.com. You will not need to pay a fee to access your personal data.
· Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
· Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com
Disclosures of your personal data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may need to disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer or give access to your personal data outside the European Economic Area. If we do need to do so for contractual or legal reasons we ensure that data & transfer is secure.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by the Data Controller. We limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, we will comply with our legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
Any password(s) which you might use to access our website or other platforms that are operated by the us using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else, save as to making provisions in your will. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straightaway and change it.
If you have reason to make a complaint, then you should contact us in writing as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic-log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website(s) in order to tailor it to user’s’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is then removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website(s).
Links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our this website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.